Monday, November 15, 2010

Crayon cakes




I absolutely hate broken crayons! I like to make these little crayon cakes for my daughter so I don't have broken crayons everywhere. They are cute and hard to break.




Pre-heat your oven to 350


Tear off crayon wrapper.


Get a cupcake pan and break crayons in half.


Place crayon pieces into pan. You can place like colors together or make multi-colored ones.






Bake for about 15 minutes or until they are completly melted. Once they are melted you can add some glitter for a little sparkle or just leave them plain. If you add glitter you will need to stir it in with a toothpick.






Place cupcake pan in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to coo. Once they become solid just turn the pan over and knock out your crayon cakes! Your kids will love them and you will love that you dont have crayon pieces everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I love these :) I have done them in the past, and REALLY need to do them again....Jackie loves to break crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I need to grease the pan before baking? is the crayon residue hard to wash off the pan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. They just fall out when you freeze them. :)

    ReplyDelete