Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz!

Ike and Man wearing their Fuzzi Bunz!
Nifty little sprayer that connects to your toilet.








My Mom lives out of town, so when ever she comes to visit she likes to spoil her Grand babies. Last time she came she asked what they needed/wanted. I told her I was interested in using cloth diapers with the twins and she bought me some of these diapers I wanted. NO..... I AM NOT A HIPPIE! haha but seriously the average American spends $700-1000 on diapers a year! I have twins so double that! I realized how much money I could be saving if we tried cloth. Everyone told me not to do it. That it was too much work, and that the money you pay for disposables is worth it. They said they leaked, gave rashes, and were too hard to clean. But the people who told me this didn't realize how much cloth diapers have changed since they used them. The new cloth diapers requires no pins! They are make them with buttons or Velcro to make changing easy. They also have invented a nifty little sprayer that attaches to your toilet to make rinsing the soiled diaper a piece of cake! My boys wore the more 12 hours straight because they slept forever. I thought surely the would have leaked, but NOPE! And for the record they have not had a single diaper rash since we have changed to cloth diapers. You have to take care of your diapers and wash them in detergent that is made for cloth diapers, otherwise your child will receive diaper rash. And they are better for the environment. If you decide to buy cloth diapers its best to buy them new unless you know they have been properly cared for. Some of them are even adjustable so grow with your baby, no more needing to by cloth diapers in a bigger size = saving even more! Cloth diapers can pretty pricey but I see them as an investment. My favorite called Fuzzi Bunz run about $20 a piece. You only have to buy them once and they can last through all your kids. Yes, you do need to wash them everyday and it can be a pain for some people but I do at least 2 loads of laundry everyday whats another load? I love cloth diapers! I only wish I used them with Sophie. I also think they are much cuter looking than disposables. You can learn more about fuzzi bunz here http://www.fuzzibunz.com/ learn more about cloth diapers and how to care for your cloth diapers here http://www.diaperjungle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment