Saturday, October 23, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodle soup

Today I had the rare opportunity of serving the Bishop and his wife. They were both feeling sick and his sweet, little, hilarious wife was about to go to the store to buy canned soup. I wasn't going to let that one happen! They serve the people in our ward 24 hours day every day I wanted them to get a little taste of the service that they give. They also happen to be close friends/adopted parents. I like to call them my Alamo parents. They live close to us so we like to share goodies with each other, We have gone on double dates with them, and I know I could call them at any hour and they would be here in a heart beat. They are amazing people and not to mention hilarious! Most of this recipe came from Joe's Grandma, Irma Infante. I say most bc I never follow a recipe. I like to take somethings from them, and add some of my own ideas.

Grandma Irma's Chicken Noodle Soup

-Boil 10 cups of water
-4 chicken breasts- cube and boil in water
-2 Chicken broth cubes
- Add whatever spices make you happy. I like to add parsley, basil, garlic, and celery seeds.

Bring these ingredients to a boil on medium-high until chicken cooks.

Then add the following:

-2 medium sized cubed potatoes
-2 medium sized carrots sliced
-1 cup fresh peas

While this is cooking you can start on your noodles. Making noodles sounds like it could be lots of work but its totally simple!



All you need is 1 Cup Flour, 1 extra large egg, and a pinch of salt!
Mix everything in a mixer.


Then roll out on some floured parchment paper to make clean up simple. Roll out dough pretty thin. Not too thin bc it will tear, but not too thick bc they will thicken as they cook. After all the dough is sliced, place noodle one by one into the pot. In about 1o minutes everything should be cooked. And there you go, Chicken noodle soup that will make anyone feel better.



































2 comments:

  1. MMMmm That looks so good! I'm gonna have to make this with my famous homemade cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Making me think of aunt Karen! (minus the potatos of course!)

    ReplyDelete